We’re talking about massive artists of incredible significance and stature stepping up to be part of this phenomenal musical statement.
We knew when we started this project that we would be taking an already iconic work of musical mastery and wielding it to make a new statement for today. What we didn’t entirely know is who would be helping us do so… and now we know. And we’re blown the fuck away.
To all those who elected to back this project from the beginning, we cannot possibly thank you enough… but if this record turns out to be anything close to its potential, we trust that’ll be all the thanks you’re looking for!
Within a few days, we hope to reveal the full list of artists who are participating. It’s really going to be special.
Not long after that, we’ll open up pre-orders to those who weren’t able to pledge while the Kickstarter campaign was running. (Don’t worry, Kickstarter backers, you’ve got your own exclusive editions to look forward to and received the best pricing for your enthusiastic early support – it will be neither overlooked nor forgotten!)
In the meantime, if you’d like to get updates on the project, please join our mailing list so we can keep you looped in.
Did we mention what an honor and a pleasure this all turned out to be? Thanks to Pink Floyd for giving us the vehicle we needed to make a definitive artistic statement about the state of the world around us, and to every artist who signed on to contribute, and to everyone out there who’s an anxious as we are to hear the end result.
3.23.17 From MetalSucks
Tracklist for Metal Tribute to Pink Floyd’s The Wall Announced [feat. Melvins, ASG, Pallbearer, etc.]
Magnetic Eye has released exclusively to MetalSucks the tracklisting for The Wall part of the project, complete with which bands are tackling which songs. Here it is:
1. In the Flesh? – The Melvins
2. The Thin Ice – Low Flying Hawks
3. Another Brick in the Wall (Part I) – Ghastly Sound
4. The Happiest Days of Our Lives – Sergeant Thunderhoof
5. Another Brick in the Wall (Part II) – Sasquatch
6. Mother – ASG
7. Goodbye Blue Sky – Mos Generator
8. Empty Spaces – Domkraft
9. Young Lust – Slim Kings
10. One of My Turns – Worshipper
11. Don’t Leave Me Now – Ironweed
12. Another Brick in the Wall (Part III) – Greenleaf
13. Goodbye Cruel World – Greenleaf
14. Hey You – Summoner
15. Is There Anybody Out There? – Noveller
16. Nobody Home – Mark Lanegan
17. Vera – Ruby The Hatchet
18. Bring the Boys Back Home – Sunflo’er
19. Comfortably Numb – Mars Red Sky
20. The Show Must Go On – Open Hand
21. In the Flesh – Solace
22. Run Like Hell – Pallbearer
23. Waiting for the Worms – WhiteNails
24. Stop – Blue Heron
25. The Trial – Church of the Cosmic Skull
26. Outside the Wall – Yawning Man
27. When the Tigers Broke Free – Year of the Cobra
ASG playing “Mother” and Ruby the Hatchet on “Vera!” I love the matches. And kicking things off with Melvins on “In the Flesh?”… I can’t think of a better band to do that biting, visceral track justice. So excited to hear how this thing will turn out.
Those who missed the crowdfunding campaign can pre-order the standard gatefold 2xLP and deluxe OBI gatefold 2xLP editions of this massive double vinyl release at a special post-Kickstarter/pre-release price directly from the label right here.